A Nourishing Practice: Bluebird Sky Mysore Retreat
sept 21-23, 2018
Please join us for the second annual Mysore yoga retreat, themed "A Nourishing Practice." The focus of the weekend is self-care and mindful practice, holding space for yourself and viewing the yoga practice as a healing one. Enjoy daily yoga classes and workshops, delicious home-cooked meals, a vegetarian South Indian cooking class, and optional Reiki, Thai Massage, and Targot Card reading add-ons.
You do NOT need any Mysore or Ashtanga (or any yoga) experience to attend. Please join us if you have one of the following:
- An interest in starting or deepening your yoga practice, or an interest in Mysore-style Ashtanga
- A desire to escape city life for a relaxing weekend in the woods
- An interest in South Indian cooking (there will be a cooking class included!) or
- An interest in healing and self-care (we will offer Thai Massage, Reiki, and Targot card sessions for a small extra fee).
- 5 pm: Group welcome dinner
- 7 pm: Restorative Yoga led by Monica Sifuentez
- 8-10 am: Mysore practice
- 10 am - 2 pm: Free time to explore onsite hiking trails, enjoy local vineyards, explore Sky Meadows State park, or book add-on session
- 2 - 4 pm: A Healing Practice workshop focused on the yogis principle of Ahimsa (non-harm), working with common injuries, and meditation and pranayama practices
- 4 pm: South Indian cooking class focused on learning to cook three types of dishes, how to make recipes your own, and where to shop. Each person will receive a small starter kit.
- 8 pm: Optional meditation and s'mores bonfire
- *Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided*
- 8-10 am: Mysore practice
- 11 am: Community closing brunch
Registration: Please register for the retreat by filling out the form below.
JOSHUA TREE YOGA & ROCK CLIMBING RETREAT
April 2-7, 2019
Join Bluebird Sky Yoga founder and yoga instructor Jennie Light and expert rock climber Hayden Miller for 6 days and 5 nights of adventure and community in Joshua Tree national park. Enjoy daily yoga practices followed by rock climbing and hiking adventures. At night, we'll unwind under the stars, sharing delicious meals, relaxing in our private hot tub and pool, and telling stories.
No prior rock climbing experience required; we'll provide the gear and teach you everything you need to know.
- Transportation to and from LAX Airport on April 2 and 7
- Shared accommodations at the beautiful Cactus Moon Retreat Center
- All meals and snacks
- Daily yoga classes in private on-site yoga studio
- Intro to Rock Climbing seminar
- Intro to Geology lecture with PhD Geologist
- 2 guided sport rock climbing adventures
- Guided bouldering session(s)
- Guided hike through Joshua Tree National Park
Location: Cactus Moon Retreat Center.
- Early bird (by December 1, 2018) $1275;
- Regular pricing (by March 1, 2019) $1375
Your Retreat Leaders:
This is the second retreat co-hosted by Hayden and Jennie. We're excited to explore the great outdoors, build strength and confidence in the company of a supportive community, and spend our evenings laughing around the campfire.
Hayden Miller has been climbing for 17+ years. His love for the outdoors led him to Colorado College, where he majored in geology. In 2018, Hayden will finish his PhD in geochemistry at Caltech, studying how tectonics and erosion can be powerful controls on climate, just a short drive from Joshua Tree National Park. His studies and work has taken him out into the field around the world. While not traveling for work, he spends as much time as he can climbing in the Sierra and desert Southwest. Hayden also works part time at his local climbing gym, teaching group and private climbing lessons. His passion for teaching and climbing will ensure a fun, safe, and engaging experience for both novice and seasoned climbers alike.
Jennie Light is the founder and owner of Bluebird Sky Yoga. She has been hiking and exploring the great outdoors since as long as she can remember (with the pictures hiking mountains in her parent's backpack as a baby to prove it). Summers brought her to the European Alps and Alaska where she hiked with ice axes and crampons, Colorado where she scaled 14,000+ foot mountains, and Montana where she went an entire month in the wilderness running into more bears than people. In 2007, she fell in love with the practice of yoga, which provided her with the same sense of freedom and joy as the mountains did, eventually leaving her full-time job and opening Bluebird Sky Yoga studio in 2016. When she is not in the yoga studio, you can find her at the rock climbing gym and hiking in the Shenandoah Mountains. This is her fourth yoga retreat, and she is excited to bring together a community of people to delve deeper into the practice of yoga and discover untapped strength at the foot of the great outdoors.
To register, please fill out the form below and follow the instructions below to pay via PayPal.
Step 1: Submit registration form.
Step 2: Send money via PayPal to reserve your space.